Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Back to the ATL

I made it safely back to Atlanta after a weekend in the mountains. This is what I learned:
  • The weather up there made it very hard to return to the smog and humidity in Atlanta
  • My niece can run at full speed with a soccer ball at her feet (right, left, no matter)
  • I'm still a pretty good shot--at skeet anyway as there were fields ready for dove hunting
  • Real country ham is damn tasty
  • The Findells are still a very tight band, even if they are covering the Statler Brothers
  • You can eat a good meal in Staunton for pretty cheap
  • St. Mary's falls still look the same (much of the upper river and trail seems to have escaped the damage caused by Isabel)
  • The Blue Ridge Parkway is some of the best driving that I know of
  • Col Alto is a pretty decent hotel
  • Frank's still makes great Calzones
  • The Palm's still has that ridiculous "Justification for Higher Education" poster in the corner
  • Lexington really needs another bar
  • And Lexington rarely changes
  • No matter where you travel, the traffic in South Carolina is guaranteed to suck
I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday weekend.

No comments: