Friday, September 30, 2005

Friday Music Report

It's Friday already? That must mean it's time for a music report. According to my profile page at Last.fm, I listened to the following artists the most last week:
  1. The Charlatans UK
  2. The Transplants
  3. Swervedriver
  4. Afghan Whigs
  5. Elvis Costello
  6. Wilco
  7. Echo & the Bunnymen
  8. The Clash
  9. Supergrass
  10. Nada Surf
Not really any surprises there, other than The Transplants, which a friend gave me to check out this week (I'm witholding judgment so far). So, I guess there's not much to comment on this week.

Neutral Milk Hotel will probably dominate this list next week thanks to the Dilettante in Distress, who prodded me to really explore their considerable goodness. (Thanks Vllack!) Pitchfork recently used the UK release to revise its rating upward to a 10.0 for In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.

This is just another in a recent string of bands that I somehow missed the first time around, but that I am really getting into right now (Swervedriver, The Wedding Present). I don't know if I was just spaced out or if I was too focused on other types of music at the time, but I find it strange that I missed these bands entirely, while really like very similar and almost contemporary bands. Well, at least they are getting their due from me now.

Do any of you have bands like that?

NP: "Day of the Lords" - Joy Division

No comments: