Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Pick a Path to Tragedy!

Ever wondered what it would be like to be one of Shakespeare's protagonists? Ever play Zork or some other text adventure game? Then you need to check out Robin Johnson's The Most Lamentable and Excellent Text Adventure of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark (via boingboing). And I realize that my knowledge of Zork probably opens a window to my inner geek, but it's the Shakespeare angle I'm most interested in really.

After playing with this for awhile, I begin to see why Hamlet was a nut case. Oh, and I wouldn't try fighting Othello either. I suppose I'll find Lady Macbeth in the washroom--those damn spots are murder to get out.

I can't decided if this is brilliant or annoying. I'm leaning toward brilliant right now, but we'll see how much of my afternoon I end up wasting on it.

UPDATE: At least it ends happily for Juliet and probably Richard III.

NP - "Thinking About You" - Ivy

No comments: