Monday, November 07, 2005

The Boondocks

As some of you may know, I'm a big fan of Aaron MacGruder's comic, The Boondocks. It's part of my morning ritual. Caffeine, check. Boondocks, check. Doonesbury, check. Work? Oh yeah, I'd better get on that.

So I've been anticipating the TV show on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim for a while (warning: site takes a long time to load, but is has a neat comic panel interface). It's also been getting a lot of publicity on the sides of buses here in Atlanta, as well as a few billboards.

It finally premiered last night. First impressions? I liked it generally, but the voices will probably take some time to grow on me. They don't quite match what I hear in my head when I read the daily strip--except for Granddad, who was right on. MacGruder is pretty heavily involved with the show, so I'll trust his original vision will be presented, and I'll just have to adjust.

And yes, that was Ed Asner who provided the old, rich white guy's voice. He even looked like him a bit.

NP: "Carry the Zero" - Built to Spill

No comments: