- Bettie Serveert - Many thanks to Manny for supplying some Bettie Seveert that I'd long been seeking. Their VU covers had me hooked early, and their original work certainly doesn't dissappoint.
- British Sea Power - Fresh off their lofty appearance in my year end list, I can only hope that they'll be returning to Atlanta soon.
- The Charlatans U.K. - These guys don't get nearly enough credit for making such good music for such a long time.
- The Wedding Present - Coming soon to the Earl. I'd better get off by duff and buy tickets.
- Swervedriver - My iPod loves this band almost as much as I do. I don't seem to go a day without hearing something by them.
- Sigur Rós - Takk would be higher on my top 20 of 2005 if I were starting it right now. It's the perfect music to work, read, or chill to.
- The National - What's to say. The National rock.
- Echo & The Bunnymen - Is their self titled disc out of print. I can't seem to find it anywhere (legally or otherwise).
- Superchunk - Just what you need, when you really need to get going.
- Lou Reed - Lou is never unwelcome in my daily listening.
Friday, January 20, 2006
Friday Music Report
Things are finally getting back to normal, save for work, which has been a bear lately. But at least I have time to put together my weekly music report. Of course, Last.fm does most of the work on that score for me anyway. Without further ado, here are the artists I listened to the most last week: