Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Sports Guy Picks an EPL Team

As most of you already know, I'm a committed follower of Arsenal in the EPL. How this happened is really just a matter of random chance and free tickets, but happen it did. Now that the world cup is over again, I've had a number of people tell me that they wanted to start supporting an EPL team, to which I reply: "Anyone but Chelsea or ManU".

Well, if any of you out there are interested in doing this in a more methodical manner, ESPN's Bill Simmons (the Sports Guy) wrote an article chronicling how he picked an EPL team. He considers all 20 current teams in the league, offers American sports analogies, and eventually comes up with a team to support. I won't spoil it for you, but his choice did surprise me.

Senior, you'll be happy to know that he compares Newcastle to the Raiders.

NP: "Thorn" - My Bloody Valentine

No comments: