Tuesday, September 12, 2006

80 Gigs of iPod, Oh My!

For once, I'm glad I held off on getting a newer iPod. Apple announced a whole bunch of new products today, including an 80 gig iPod! With the new iPods, you'll also be able to download games such as tetris, and they have increased video resolution to go along with all the movies iTunes will now be offerring.

In addition to the new 80 gig iPod, the shuffle has shrunk to an incredibly small size, and the Nano got some extra memory as well.

Finally, iTunes got an update (7.0) to support all these new features. So far, it's the only thing that I've been able to play around with much. It now supports adding album art to your playlists, which makes things a lot easier for folks like me who don't really want to scan all their CD covers or run willy-nilly all over the Interweb looking for images to add manually. So far, so good.

I'm sure there's more, but there's only so much to get on a wishlist in a given day.

UPDATE: OK, so I spent some time last night playing with the new version of iTunes. Overall, I really like the improvements in the design. Perhaps the biggest change is the ability to download cover art and then "flip through" your CDs in a jukebox-like interface (this is due to CoverFlow, whom Apple has apparently purchased).

It took quite a while to download the cover art, and I have a lot of "albums" for which no cover art exists, but it's still pretty cool and a nice addition to the program.

NP: "Modern Girl" - Sleater-Kinney

No comments: