Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday Music Report

According to my Last.fm profile, I listened to the following music the most last week:
  1. The Mendoza Line
  2. Echo & The Bunnymen
  3. Pavement
  4. Pixies
  5. Wilco
  6. Luna
  7. Swervedriver
  8. Blur
  9. Joy Division
  10. Sigur Rós
I'd really encourage you all to sign up for Last.fm (if you haven't already). It's really a cool service. Not only does it track what you listen to day to day, which in and of itself is pretty interesting, it also allows you to discover new music based on your tastes. Finally, it allows you stream Last.fm radio to your PC either based on your personal listening tastes or on the recommendations it generates from users with tastes similar to yours.

So, go ahead, take the tour, and sign up. It's free and I wouldn't pimp the service so much if I didn't think it was cool.

On to a completely different way to slice my music collection, here are 10 tracks drawn totally at random from my iPod using iTunes' smart playlist feature:
  • (I Was Born in a) Laundromat - Camper Van Beethoven
  • You're A Big Girl Now - The Charlatans U.K.
  • Latin Simone - Gorillaz
  • Conrad - Jets to Brazil
  • Work All Week - The Mekons
  • The Sunnyside of the Street - The Pogues
  • Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Live) - Uncle Tupelo
  • I'm From Further North Than You - The Wedding Present
  • As Ugly As I Seem - The White Stripes
  • Sucker M.F. - Wolfgang Press
NP: "Intimate Secretary" - The Raconteurs

No comments: