- Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
- The National - Alligator
- The Hold Steady - Separation Sunday
- Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary
- British Sea Power - Open Season
- Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise (9)
- Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary (4)
- The Hold Steady - Separation Sunday (3)
- The National - Alligator (2)
- Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene (17)
[This album] has really grown on me though. I suspect that if I were compiling this list sometime next month, it would crack the top 10.Or top five! Overall, I didn't do too poorly in my estimating skills. Three of the original top five are still there, while the other two new additions were at least in my top 20. I'm not sure why Sufjan Stevens didn't make the top five the first time around. Maybe I was just a little burned out on him from the incessant chatter about the album on the music blogs. Illinoise, however, has more than held up for me. I probably listen to it more often now than I did last December.
I'm not sure I have a top 20 list in me this year for a couple of reasons. First, and most importantly, 2006 hasn't been the year 2005 was for music—at least not for music I've been listening too (and I'm sure I've missed my fair share). Second, that took a lot of work and since I'm going to be settling into a new loft and a new job this December, my focus will be elsewhere.
I probably won't be able to help myself and will do a top 10 though. And what do you think the chances are that The Hold Steady will be in the top five for consecutive years [Ed. Note: That's pretty apparent you big fanboy].
NP: "Making Friends and Acquaintances" - Cursive