Thursday, December 28, 2006

2006 Music Wrap Up: Album #4

#4 – Sunset Rubdown: Shut Up I Am Dreaming
Last year, my list was very heavy with Canadian bands, but thus far this year, there are notable only by their relative absence. Finally, Here are some Canadians for you. Sunset Rubdown is a side project by Wolf Parade's Spencer Krug. Though, it's one of the more satisfying feeling "side projects" that I've run across, since it feels more fully formed than a lot of primary projects one will find out there these days.

I originally had this album even higher on this list. That is until I listened to it again last week. That doesn't mean that I don't love this album, and I definitely rate it as top five, but the memory of seeing Sunset Rubdown live had elevated even beyond what the album presents. While he album loses a little of the raw energy that is ever-present in the live show, it's still Mr. Krug at his foot-stomping, yelping best.

NP: "So-Called Dangerous" - The Fall

No comments: