Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking Back at 2006: My Favorite Albums

While I'm in the musical mood, I thought it would be interesting to look back at the albums I rated highly last year at this time and see how they've held up over a year of listening. I fully expect to be red-faced on some of these, so here goes (I've only commented on those that I would beg to differ with myself):

  • Neko Case: Fox Confessor Brings the Flood - I probably wouldn't rate this album as highly today. It is still a great album, but I found myself listening to it less and less.
  • TV on the Radio: Return to Cookie Mountain - This probably should have been number one, but since I still listen to Boys and Girls in America so much, we can call it a tie.
  • Gnarls Barkley: St. Elsewhere - Boy, did I fall for the hype here. I don't think I've listened to this album at all in the last four or five months.
  • Snowden: Anti-Anti -I would rate this one much higher today, moving it out of the honorable mention category and into the top 10 "Like Bullets".
All in all, I don't think I did too badly.
NP: "Skyscapers" - Close Lobsters

No comments: